Read Claw Your Way to the Top: How to Become the Head of a Major Corporation in Roughly a Week by Dave Barry Free Online
Book Title: Claw Your Way to the Top: How to Become the Head of a Major Corporation in Roughly a Week|
The size of the: 12.72 MB
Edition: Rodale Books
Date of issue: May 5th 2000
The author of the book: Dave Barry
Format files: PDF
ISBN 13: 9780878576524
Read full description of the books Claw Your Way to the Top: How to Become the Head of a Major Corporation in Roughly a Week:Working up the corporate ladder is all well and good for most people, but you are not "most people." You are a highly motivated individual who wants to be on the fast track, and you cannot afford to fritter away valuable time working diligently and competently on the job. You need Dave Barry's surefire tips in Claw Your Way to the Top!
* "A good resume is more than just a piece of paper. It can mean the difference between not getting a job and not even coming close."
* "Can you get a job in business? Heck yes! Don't you listen to those Negative Nellies who tell you there aren't any good jobs anymore, just because the steel, automobile, shoe, clothing, railroad, and agricultural industries have all collapsed!"
* "I don't mean to suggest for a moment that all it takes to be a top executive is a custom-tailored European suit. You also need the correct shirt and tie."
* "Remember, your subordinates are not machines. They are human beings with the same dreams as you. OK, maybe not all the same dreams. Probably they don't have the one where you're naked in a vat of Yoo-Hoo with the Soviet gymnastics team."
* "Ask any business school professor, and he'll tell you a good memo is clear, concise, and well-organized. Now ask him what his annual salary is. It's probably less than most top executives spend in a month on shoe maintenance."
Read information about the authorDave Barry is a humor columnist. For 25 years he was a syndicated columnist whose work appeared in more than 500 newspapers in the United States and abroad. In 1988 he won the Pulitzer Prize for Commentary. Many people are still trying to figure out how this happened.
Dave has also written a total of 30 books, although virtually none of them contain useful information. Two of his books were used as the basis for the CBS TV sitcom "Dave's World," in which Harry Anderson played a much taller version of Dave.
Dave plays lead guitar in a literary rock band called the Rock Bottom Remainders, whose other members include Stephen King, Amy Tan, Ridley Pearson and Mitch Albom. They are not musically skilled, but they are extremely loud. Dave has also made many TV appearances, including one on the David Letterman show where he proved that it is possible to set fire to a pair of men's underpants with a Barbie doll.
In his spare time, Dave is a candidate for president of the United States. If elected, his highest priority will be to seek the death penalty for whoever is responsible for making Americans install low-flow toilets.
Dave lives in Miami, Florida, with his wife, Michelle, a sportswriter. He has a son, Rob, and a daughter, Sophie, neither of whom thinks he's funny.
Add a comment to Claw Your Way to the Top: How to Become the Head of a Major Corporation in Roughly a Week
Read EBOOK Claw Your Way to the Top: How to Become the Head of a Major Corporation in Roughly a Week by Dave Barry Online free
|Download Claw Your Way to the Top: How to Become the Head of a Major Corporation in Roughly a Week PDF:||claw-your-way-to-the-top-how-to-become-the-head-of-a-major-corporation-in-roughly-a-week.pdf|